On January 16, 2023 the Canadian Real Estate Association released its statistics for 2022.
Highlights below, details here.
- National home sales rose 1.3% month-over-month in December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 39.1% below December 2021.
- The number of newly listed properties dropped 6.4% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) declined by 1.6% month-over-month and was down 7.5% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 12% year-over-year decline in December.