Canadian Home Sales Fall Back in August thus is the title of CREA the Canadian Real Estate Association’s latest blog reporting on home sales statistics for August.
- National home sales declined 4.1% month-over-month in August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 5.3% above August 2022.
- The number of newly listed properties edged up 0.8% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) climbed 0.4% month-over-month and was also up 0.4% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 2.1% year-over-year increase in August.